Adobe has released updated versions of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements with new artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities and complete support for Apple Silicon Macs.
The intended audience for these products consists of less experienced users looking for simple editing functions. Instagram and TikTok fans in need of music tracks and creative effects for videos may find the products appealing.
When it comes to AI, one of the most intriguing characteristics is termed Moving Elements. By leveraging Adobe’s Sensei technology, you can “bring a touch of movie magic to waterfalls, clouds, and backgrounds in still images” with Moving Elements. After finishing a project, you can save it as a movie or GIF to send to others or post online.
Powered by Adobe’s artificial intelligence and machine learning system, Sensei, Photoshop Elements 2023 and Premiere Elements 2023 now provide new capabilities. A new beta version of the online and mobile companion apps is available in English.
The updates contain a number of new features, such as:
- Enhance your photographs with fresh creative content like patterns, sky, and backdrops.
- Make creative use of the latest collage and slideshow layouts to exhibit your photographs.
- Video footage can be completely reimagined with the touch of a mouse using artistic effects based on well-known art movements.
- Premiere Elements now has 100 new audio tracks for you to use in your videos, slideshows, and other projects.
- If you want to do more with your photographs and videos after editing them, you may use the new web companion app (beta, English only) to do all of that and more from any browser.
Adobe’s Photoshop Elements 2023 and Premiere Elements 2023 may be purchased separately for $99.99 or both for $149.99 from their own storefront and the websites of most major retailers.
Macs need a processor from Intel’s 6th generation or later, or an Apple Silicon M1 or M2 processor, as well as macOS Big Sur or later. 8GB of RAM, 10GB of free space for the installation, and up to 20GB more space for other files used by the software, and a display resolution of 1280×800 or higher at 100% scale.